The Senior Grant Writer is responsible for managing the development plan for foundations, corporate foundations, and government, as well as solicitation, cultivation, and stewardship of these prospects and contacts.
S/he is a member of the Leadership Team, contributing to strategy and execution around project-specific fundraising and is responsible for grant requests securing $900K+ of the $3.2M operating budget. S/he works with the Executive Team and the Board of Directors to establish funding relationships and secure resources that support MOCA’s mission and long-term strategic goals. S/he acts as key reader for marketing and recognition related to major donors, and contributes to key publications and donor lists.
● Bachelor’s Degree required.
● Minimum 5 years of development experience with increasing responsibility, proven track record in major fundraising/grant writing, and firm knowledge of fundraising principles, techniques, and ethics/confidentiality.
● Knowledge of philanthropic community and experience fundraising in the Cleveland arts community.
● Familiarity with the arts and cultural discourse is a plus.
● Ability to lead multiple, concurrent projects, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines.
● Superior communication and writing skills.
● Aptitude for management and effective use of information systems in support of an advancement program.
● Experience with donor databases required; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is a significant asset.
● Fluency in English: speaking, reading and writing.
Submit the following to email@example.com using the subject line “MOCA Senior Grant Writer”:
Cover letter or cover email that lets your personality and style shine through. Tell us what you can offer and what you hope to gain. It wouldn’t hurt to mention a current or past MOCA exhibition or program that you attended, or perhaps a life-changing experience with contemporary art and if you know someone who is associated with MOCA be sure to tell us.
Resume or CV that highlights relevant education and experience and makes it obvious why you are the best possible candidate for this position.
A relevant writing sample, ideally showcasing your superior grant writing skills.
Contact information for 3 references.