The Newseum seeks an enthusiastic, full-time Visual Resources Coordinator to help the Photography and Visual Resources department with researching, acquiring, cataloging and licensing images for the Newseum, as well as managing collections of photographs from photojournalists and photographers in the Newseum’s permanent collection.
The images processed by the Photography and Visual Resources department relate to current news, the history of the news around the world and the First Amendment. They are used in exhibition and education content development, marketing efforts and other Newseum projects, and also serve as tools for public outreach and as a resource for the journalism community, scholars and the public.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
· Conduct photo research, and acquire and license images from stock agencies, libraries, museums, news organizations and online sites.
· Cataloging images into a digital asset management system. This includes the input of technical, photographic and descriptive metadata; linking image files to existing database entries; and maintaining accurate records of source and credit information.
· Assist in management of digital assets throughout exhibit and production work flows, and develop efficient processes to share visual materials during image presentations.
· Assist in coordination of scanning, resizing, quality check, proofing and delivery of images exhibited in and for the promotion of the Newseum.
· Manage the Ted Polumbaum image collection. This includes fulfillment of photo research requests, preparation of research copies of requested materials, generation of licenses and coordination of research and license payment.
· Processing and archiving of digital files and photographic prints, including labeling, housing and filing of photographic prints and digital media.
· Organize research documents for future use and maintain library system records for referencing and retrieving materials as needed.
The Freedom Forum offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits and is Metro accessible.