The position manages the operations, budgets, and facilities to support the effective delivery of the academic program in Graduate Studies. This position also supports Graduate Studies Office operations and reports to the Vice Provost for Research and Graduate Studies.
● Manages operations, budgets, and facilities for the academic programs in Graduate Studies
● Serves as the primary liaison for graduate studies with facilities, operations, finance, and human resources and coordinates relevant projects and activities with these areas
● Manages the Graduate Program Assistant (GPA) program
● Manages the academic budgets for the graduate programs in coordination with program coordinators and the operations coordinator
● Plans and maintains budgets for specific events and programs in Graduate Studies
● Contributes to planning and supports multiple graduate events and projects
● Manages and creates systems for maintaining the academic budgets for Graduate Studies and graduate programs.
● Coordinates the process of reviewing, reconciling and providing regular reports for program budgets with program and operations coordinators
● Oversees the process and payments for Graduate Studies and its programs including purchase orders, invoices, contract compliance, travel expenses, and reimbursements
● Steer, provide council and build budgets for the Graduate Studies and its events, such as Orientation, Grad Show, etc.
● Coordinates the distribution and reviews statements for credit cards assigned to graduate directors, faculty and staff
● Manage the Graduate Program Assistant (GPA) program including the training, oversight, and evaluation for Graduate Program Assistants. Review and approve timecards for the Graduate Program Assistants
● Creates guidelines for good budget management and expenditures for all graduate programs
● Works with the Vice Provost to coordinate the annual budget planning process
● Provides support to graduate programs with requests and ordering of Capital Acquisition, specifically for items not purchased through Facilities or Technology
● Oversees Graduate Studies ledgers
Facilities / Operations
● Serves as Graduate Studies liaison to Facilities & Operations with regular meetings
● Oversees the updating, distribution and communication regarding the Graduate Academic Work Space Agreement.
● Troubleshoots maintenance issues in Lazarus Center graduate studios, seminar and shared spaces including the spaces in 1801
● Coordinates studio move-out in conjunction with the Graduate Operations Coordinator, Facilities, Building Services and Environmental Health & Safety
● Liaises with Environmental Health & Safety on issues of safety compliance for facilities and student workspaces under Graduate Studies purview
● Provides student ID lists to Campus Safety in order to ensure appropriate card access levels for graduate students
● Supports assignments of studio spaces in Lazarus ground level
● Assigns temporary, summer, and studio requests as needed
● Contributes to planning and timelines for construction projects in Lazarus Center
● Member of the Critical Incident Management Team and Inclement Weather Team
● Serves as Workday Champion and contact for Workday implementation
● Support the Grad Lab with various logistical and policy issues, as needed
Programming & General
● Assist the Graduate Studies team with onboarding of the new class of graduate students
● Support graduate events and projects
● Represent Graduate Studies division interests on various committees and searches
● Serves as liaison and support to Graduate Studies Administrative Assistant
● Perform other related duties as assigned
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
● Experience with academic planning, including space and facilities planning to support the academic program
● Demonstrated experience managing and reconciling budgets
● Experience coordinating student employment
● Demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects simultaneously and exercise independent judgement
● Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills, including the ability to anticipate needs and issues
● Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, with multiple priorities, and with an attention to accuracy, detail, and deadlines
● Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on teams and contribute to the work of a small office
● Ability to work independently
● Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
● Experience using AirTable, Microsoft Office and Google Drive/documents
● Attention to detail and customer service
● Some evening and weekend work required
Reporting to this position:
● Graduate Operations Coordinator and Graduate Program Assistants
Conditions of employment:
● Candidate must successfully complete a full background check
● The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies
Salary: Commensurate with experience and college policy; excellent benefits package.
The College will review applications as received and the position will remain open until filled. All inquiries, nominations and applications will be held in the strictest confidence.
Visit this link to start an application. Candidates will be asked to login or create a login and then should follow application instructions. The following is required for the application: A cover letter to the application, comprehensive CV, and names and contact information for three references. MICA provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact Human Resources at 410-225-2363.