The School of Art+Design at Purchase College, State University of New York, seeks candidates for 3D Media Instructional Support Manager (SL3)
The 3D Media Instructional Support Manager oversees the 3D instructional areas of the School of Art+Design. They will manage, instruct, research, and perform community service for 3D production areas in preparation for classes and individual student work. This position ensures that instructional support materials, equipment and technology are managed and deployed efficiently and safely, working with relevant faculty and staff to ensure broad access to resources as well as assurances of safety and proper use. They will help lead efforts to standardize, improve, and create systems to support these processes.
The 3D Media Instructional Support Manager will supervise Manage all 3D Media area facilities, including: ceramics, paint/finish shop, machine shop, foundry, metal fabricating area, woodworking studio, plastics shop, mold making, and wax working area, classroom and figure modeling area, experimental lab studios, sculpture courtyard, and installation spaces.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent project management skills, the ability to supervise and work with employees of varying skills and experience, and flexibility to adjust to the varying workloads of an academic calendar.
Minimum Preferred Qualifications
Proficiency in three or more of these areas of practice: Wood, Metal, Casting/foundry, CNC rapid prototyping (additive and/or subtractive), ceramics, carving
MFA or equivalent professional experience in professional fabrication or a related field
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience managing budgets and following procurement protocols
Six or more years of related production and technical support experience.
Experience in a professional arts school setting in higher education
- $52,000-$55,000 + $3,026 location pay
Application should include
- Cover letter, CV, and the names and contact information for three references.
Instructions to Candidate
- To apply for the position, please visit our Purchase College Job Vacancy website at https://jobs.purchase.edu/ and complete an online application.
- Purchase College SUNY is an AA/EEO employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
- The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception,prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University’s crime statistics for the past three years; and the availability regarding the University’s current campus security policies. The Annual Security Report is available at Purchase College NYS University Police Website