Bakken & Bæck is a digital product development studio working out of Oslo, Amsterdam, Bonn and London. In close collaboration with ambitious clients, we design and build digital solutions and businesses from end to end. You might have seen some of our work for Vipps, Coinbase, Samsolgt, Morgenlevering, and Kron.
When we are not making world-class digital products, we are dedicated to making a friendly and inclusive workplace. We do trips, conferences and events together on a regular basis, and we are always committed to cultivate a company that embraces differences. We strongly believe in flexibility, and know that creativity doesn’t necessarily always happen between 9 and 5.
At Bakken & Bæck you’ll be given a lot of freedom while translating complicated problems into easy-to-use products. This means managing your own priorities, trying out new things and working a flexible hours’ scheme.
We are now looking for experienced Designers to join our team in Oslo, Bonn, London, or Amsterdam. As a designer on our team, you’ll be involved in strategy and concept development, researching user and business needs, and designing elegant, easy-to-use solutions to meet those needs. You’ll play a key part along with product owners in seeing a project through: from the very first brief to launch and beyond. Within the team, your role will focus on all parts of the digital design process — right from defining the product through to crafting beautiful, easy-to-use interfaces and prototypes.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys tackling complex problems, and designing smart and simple solutions for digital products. Thinking beyond the ideal user flow and designing for real-world scenarios is important to us, as is being a team player who can collaborate well with developers, clients, and other designers.
3+ years experience with high quality digital product design on multiple platforms
A strong ability to turn business requirements, stakeholder goals, and user needs into solutions
Experience designing user flows and interactions for complex digital products
Experience working with every phase of the product design process:
Leading interviews and workshops to understand customer needs and stakeholder goals
Using your insights to help define a scope and strategy for the product
Working with clients, developers, and other designers to translate your designs into detailed mockups and high-level prototypes
Creating and conducting user tests to validate and improve your designs
Strong communication skills: you can articulately explain and document your process, present your work and communicate your design decisions.Proficiency in Sketch/Figma and the ability to see what tools fit the job.
Bonus if you have an interest in and/or experience with:
Running and leading projects of any scale by yourself
Animation and prototyping tools
Working with emerging technologies such as AR, VR, Machine Learning & more
Writing creative code for brand expression, prototypes & more
Writing UX copy
Creating illustrations and iconography
Perks and Benefits
- We take great pride in making Bakken & Bæck a friendly and inclusive workplace, and we care for both your professional and personal well-being. -Here are some of the things you can expect if you join us:
Doing things together
- Working across offices, we like to get together as often as we can. Yearly trips, meet-ups, parties, dinners or even work on an interesting project. We’ve previously hosted a one-day conference called An Interesting Day and we have an event series called DDD (Define, Design, Develop) where we invite people from different industries to talk about a specific theme.
Power your own ideas
- Do you have a project you’ve always dreamed of? A company you admire, or a problem you are dying to solve? At B&B you’ll have a say in what projects we take on.
Remote when you need
- Sometimes we wish to work from home or some other place like a cabin or your parents’ house. We try our best to keep location from obstructing collaboration.
Parental leave and baby bonus
- We got the moms and dads in the company to design our very own “baby kit”, that includes a €2000 bonus, so you can get a head start on your new parental adventures.
Keep it healthy
- We provide an extensive support package that includes a solid health insurance, sponsored therapy sessions, access to physiological treatment and a lot more.
Conferences and courses
- You’ll get a yearly budget of €1500 to go wherever you need to stay inspired and learn new things.
Apply here: https://bakkenbaeck.homerun.co/designer/en/apply
To get a better feel for what we care about as a company, our perks and work philosophy, check out our Company Handbook: https://bakkenbaeck.com/handbook/