Blum & Poe seeks a full-time Gallery Photographer. The ideal candidate must have strong organizational skills with proven experience to be part of an exciting, team-oriented environment. The Gallery Photographer is part of a growing Communications team.
● Execute all in-house photography documenting artwork and exhibition installations along with retouching and color correction
● Provide all 2-D visualizations and 3-D renderings of artwork installations via PhotoShop and Sketch Up
● Execute all in-house videography and editing
● Schedule and manage any contracted photographers and/or videographers to manage the workload
● Coordinate with the Communications team in production of all promotional digital media content such as short video features, live streamed performances or events, and photo documentation for publication projects, web content, etc.
● Liaise with artists for review and approval of such media
● Maintain and oversee the upkeep of the gallery’s digital image archive, including inventory images in ArtBase and on gallery server, in collaboration with the registrars
● Bachelor of Arts degree with prior experience working in a photography role at a gallery, museum, or comparable arts organization preferred
● Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and Premiere
● Proficiency in Sketch Up
● Knowledge of contemporary art and art history
● Experience communicating and working with artists/artists’ studios preferred
● Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
● High attention to detail, exceptional organizational skills, and ability to implement and manage multiple projects and timelines
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Proficiency with Mac OS and Microsoft Office
● Experience using an inventory database program such as ArtBase preferred
● Please submit your resume, a brief cover letter, and 3 professional references to email@example.com. Additional examples of past work such as a film reel, or photography portfolio preferred.
● We will be following up with requests for interviews in the coming weeks in order to fill this position as soon as possible.
● Only serious and qualified candidates will be considered.
● Salary is commensurate with experience and includes excellent benefits and paid time off.