An exciting opportunity for a Development Officer to join the team at Museum of Art & Photography (MAP) in Bangalore, India. This is an entry-level role for someone who is keen to learn about art fundraising. Previous experience is ideal but not necessary, we are looking for someone who is genuinely passionate and wants to be in fundraising long-term. MAP is opening at the end of 2020 and we are now building the team so there will be opportunities for growth in the years to come. The candidates will need to have the right to live and work in India, as MAP cannot sponsor a visa for this position.
The Development Officer who will play a key role in providing proactive support to the Head of Development in securing funds for the museum by ensuring the smooth and effective operations of the Development function. Occasionally, the Development Officer will also assist the Head of Communications & PR with managing mailing lists, running events and managing press queries. The successful candidate will be eager to learn and keen to pursue a career in arts fundraising.
Database and Communications
● Responsibility and first point of contact for the e-Tapestry database. Ensuring that information held is up to date and fit for purpose in terms of relationship management, donor stewardship and prospecting.
● Keep track of all reporting and applications deadlines.
● Prepare reports from e-Tapestry as instructed by the Head of Development.
● Support all staff at MAP with e-Tapestry related issues.
● Ensure mailing lists are up to date and appropriately tagged.
● Source content for Development related newsletters.
● Communicate to the Digital Asset Manager the correct and up to date acknowledgement list of current donors.
● Ensure all data stored by MAP is in line with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Donor research and content drafting
● Prepare content for donor reports in a timely manner.
● Contribute content and other support to funding applications and proposals as required
● Conduct targeted research tasks and reports, under the supervision of the Head of Development.
● Conduct in-depth research and identification of prospective donors.
● Assist the Head of Development and Head of Communications & PR in the production of all donors collateral materials, including but not restricted to thank you letters, gift receipts, renewal reminders.
Communications & Events:
● Assist the Head of Communications & PR with the management of bespoke events for current and prospective donors, press and the general public. This will include: creating and managing budgets, researching and booking venues, booking performers and caterers, creating schedules, briefing staff and other administrative duties as required as well as attending these events.
● Collate and keep up to date records on event venues and suppliers.
● Work with other departments across the organisation to ensure efficient information flow about events.
● To research other organisations’ events and maintain up to date information for departmental reference.
● Take on other relevant team administrative tasks and responsibilities as required including minute taking, creation of profile briefing notes and debrief notes.
● Manage VIP guest list
● Demonstrable interest in and understanding of fundraising
● Demonstrable experience in administration and budgeting
● Experience of organising and managing events
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● IT literate with experience of using Excel and databases
● Attention to detail
● Excellent people skills
● Ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines
● Ability to maintain confidentiality and a professional attitude at all times
● Ability to take and act upon instructions within a given time frame and in a busy working environment
● Highly organised and self-motivated
● Professional, friendly and collaborative approach with excellent communication and interpersonal skills Desirable
● Experience of working in a similar role within a non-profit in India
● Experience of working in a professional art environment
● Passion for the arts
● Excellent spoken and written English.
Equality & Diversity
MAP is an equal opportunities employer. We oppose all forms of discrimination and believe that all people, regardless of their identity or membership of any group deserve to be treated equally, consistently and fairly. We welcome creativity, excellence and different perspectives that individuals of all backgrounds and abilities bring to our work.