Bakehouse Art Complex is seeking a full-time Grants + Communications Manager. This position will serve as a liaison between the organization and its funders, as well as communicate with its constituencies.
The Grants + Communications Manager is responsible for researching, preparing, submitting, and managing grant proposals/reports that support the organization’s goals and meet funder’s guidelines and criteria. This person serves as the primary grant writer, managing funder relationships, preparing compliance reporting, and supporting other special project initiatives.
The position is also responsible for leading the organization’s external communications efforts, which includes monthly newsletters, special reports, and social media communications. This position requires strong writing, data analysis, program budgeting, project management skills, with an emphasis on outcome measurement.
● Manage Bakehouse Art Complex’s grant funding opportunities, developing strategies, overseeing the accuracy of grant applications, meeting all grant deadlines, and executing necessary reports
● Research new corporate, foundation, and government grant revenue sources.
● Develop and maintain all timelines for grants and projects
● Meet with staff regularly to discuss organizational program goals
● Assess grant compliance at regular intervals
● Ensure proper grant stewardship including appropriate follow up, meetings, donor recognition, etc.
● Maintain data and message accuracy and consistency throughout all grant applications and reports
● Oversee all of Bakehouse Art Complex’s communication and marketing efforts
● Manage the organization’s social media channels and develop a regular content schedule utilizing best practices
● Oversee e-mail marketing activities including managing the creation of the organization’s monthly newsletter
● Regularly engage with Bakehouse artists to promote their practices and major activities hosted outside of the organization
● Maintain the organization’s website and overall web presence
● Draft and disseminate press releases related to organizational initiatives
● Manage press inquiries and maintain press archive
● Ensure all marketing and communications collateral are consistent with overall brand and messaging
● Oversee organizational evaluation efforts on SurveyMonkey including managing the Annual Artist Survey
● Manage efforts related to the virtual Fresh Goods Gallery platform
● Regularly update the annual Artist Achievements list
● Update donor profiles and manage donation records on Bloomerang platform; provide donor relation support, as needed
● Provide administrative assistance on other organizational initiatives, as needed
● Minimum three years working for a nonprofit organization, preferably a cultural or visual arts organization
● Bachelor’s degree in a related field
● Prior experience with managing grants for nonprofit organizations including grant-writing, budgeting, reporting, compliance, etc.
● Prior experience with overseeing an organization’s marketing and communications strategy
● Understanding of Bakehouse Art Complex’s mission and organizational objectives
● Knowledge of popular social media platforms including best practices for business users
● Knowledge of common grant application software (SurveyMonkey Apply, Submittable, etc.)
● Ability to write compelling copy for a wide variety of uses and platforms
● Knowledge of website builders, including Squarespace
● Knowledge of email marketing software, including Mailchimp
● Quick learner with the ability to grasp new skills quickly
● Ability to multi-task between multiple projects simultaneously
● Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining strong attention to detail
● Demonstrated analytical and persuasive writing skills experience as well as superior editing skills, including ability to convey complex information in a clear manner to a
● Strong administrative skills and self-motivated, with the ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks under minimal supervision in effective and efficient manner
Bakehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer: People of color, women, persons with disabilities, the elderly, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender, and Veterans are welcomed and strongly encouraged to apply.
Email a resume, compelling cover letter, writing samples, and two professional references to Cathy Leff, Executive Director, to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Grants and Communications Manager” in the subject line.