Title: Operations and Visitor Experience Coordinator
Headlands Center for the Arts’ (Headlands) Operations Department is responsible for the oversight of Headlands’ resources in support of programmatic objectives, visitor experience, and the earned income rental program. The Operations and Visitor Experience Coordinator (OVSC) provides critical support to the Director of Operations and Human Resources to assist with a variety of customer service duties at Headlands, including serving as the primary liaison with visitors, rental clients, and vendors. The successful candidate must be able to effectively coordinate operational processes and procedures, bringing a spirit of collaboration and excellent customer service. In addition, the OVSC will coordinate event rentals, venue tours, volunteer support, and provide administrative support with rental contracts and correspondence.
All of the duties and responsibilities outlined below are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Individuals may be required to perform any other non-related instructions as requested by their supervisor and guided by the needs of the team.
Administrative and Operational Support
● Ensure that the office equipment and supplies are running as stable, consistent, and efficiently as possible.
● Keep operations and rental data updated in Salesforce.
● Support with outreach for new staff, intern, and volunteer positions.
Earned Income Activities
● Coordinate contracts and logistics of wedding, special event, group visits, photo and film shoots, and weekday meeting rentals and associated print and web materials. ● Set up and maintain the pop up shop during open hours and support the organization of back stock, packing materials, and miscellaneous shop supplies.
● Promote Membership and stay up to date on current member benefits and events.
Public Event, Programming, and Volunteer Support
● Support the volunteer program, including securing volunteers for Headlands’ programs, communication of event logistics, and maintaining up-to-date volunteer distribution lists.
● Act as a front facing liaison between visitors, artists, staff and the institution during public hours and rental events happening during regular business hours.
● Maintain the organization of the front desk and monitor coffee and tea service as needed.
● Ensure that our public is warmly welcomed and oriented.
● Stay informed and connected to the Headlands and its offerings in order to provide personalized opportunities for visitor engagement.
● Support in the development and maintenance of visitor wayfinding and accessibility strategies.
● Work with the Director of Operations and Human Resources to support best practices for public safety and wellness including Covid-related response.
● Field and direct calls and inquiries via phone and email.
● Other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations and Human Resources.
● 1-2 years of administrative experience.
● Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and collaboration skills.
● Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
● Strong written and oral communications.
● Computer literate with proficiency in, GSuite, Slack, Salesforce, and Microsoft Office Suite applications.
● Demonstrated awareness, experience, and competence in working with a diverse, multi-racial, multicultural, and socio-economic environment.
● Experience with or willingness to learn about diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility initiatives.
● Due to our Marin Headlands location, reliable vehicle access is required. Physical Requirements
● Frequently is required to talk and hear; stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms.
● Occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. ● Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
● Must be able to do extended periods of work at a computer.
● Must be able to assist with events, which includes lifting up to 25 lbs.
● Must be able to work occasional nights and weekends.
● Must be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19.
Headlands Center for the Arts is committed to a diverse and pluralistic workplace. People of Color and members of the LGBTQIA community are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email a single PDF attachment that includes both a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email should be “Operations and Visitor Experience Coordinator/your name.” Please submit applications by Sunday, March 19, 2023.
Review of applications will begin Monday, March 20, 2023 and continue until the position is filled. Please note that due to the volume of applicants, only candidates who will be invited to interview will be contacted.
Equality Employment Opportunity Policy
Headlands Center for the Arts is committed to a diverse workplace and strongly encourages applications from all qualified individuals, as such Headlands is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all applicants, employees, volunteers, and interns. Headlands makes decisions based on the merits of each candidate.
Headlands Center for the Arts prohibits discrimination based on an individual’s race, color, religion (including all aspects of religious beliefs, observance or practice, including religious dress or grooming practices), sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy and breastfeeding), sexual orientation (including heterosexuality, homosexuality, and bisexuality) national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital status or registered domestic partner status, uniformed service member or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, or any other basis protected by law. Headlands will afford equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants, employees, volunteers, and interns as to all terms and conditions of employment, including, without limitation, compensation, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, and termination.