Shulamit Nazarian, Los Angeles seeks a part time preparator for immediate hire who is also interested in growing into the role of registrar.
The preparator works under the supervision of the Director of Operations. This position has room for advancement.
A two day a week position includes:
Packing / Shipping
Review all artworks and shipping methods and advise on packing needed
Softpack and crate all sold works to be ship/delivery ready
- Store newly received artwork where appropriate and make the location known to Director of Operations.
- Make local deliveries and installation for clients on an as needed basis.
Review back storage to ensure the safe placement and preparation of all artworks
Prepare back storage to safely accept any incoming shipments or inventory
Clearly label all artworks so they are easy to locate
Clean and maintain tool storage room
- Work with Director of Operations to produce quarterly inventory reports to ensure accurate placement
- Review all packing, installation supplies, and paint inventory and submit Director of Operations a purchase list for any materials to be ordered.
Gallery / Building Management:
- Review the gallery space weekly to ensure no scuffs on walls or floors, all lights are working properly, and the general condition of the building is in good order
- Install / remove artworks for gallery exhibitions, upstairs, and in back office as needed
A three day a week position includes:
All the responsibilities that are included in the two day position as well as:
Condition reporting all incoming and outgoing work
Compiling reports into Filemaker pro
Assisting Director of Operations in inputting location information for artwork into File Maker Pro
Assisting Director of Operations in creating ship lists and other reports from File Maker Pro
Demonstrats concern for detail, accuracy and precise execution of work; ability to quickly identify and resolve problems, ensuring projects stay on schedule.
Works well independently and in a team; excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
Valid CA license and willingness to deliver and install artwork on a moment’s notice.
Position hours are 10am to 6pm, two days a week to start and can expand to more days. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Interested candidates should send a cv and contact information for three references to email@example.com. Please include your favorite shade of white paint in your email.